Re: [IBIS-Users] Another [Pin] spec question

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 21:35:24 PDT

Hello Prabhu:

It is a general requirement that all defined names for a
particular keyword be unique. This may have been an
obvious, but undocumented understanding. I also cannot find
an explicit reference, but the parser should report name
duplication errors. This general understanding is further
re-enforced by the contrary argument that there is no text
describing which of any duplicate definition should be used.

If several components are added to a file (perhaps to create
a library file), the included [Model] names must use unique
names, or duplicate [Model]s need to be deleted.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC