RE: [IBIS-Users] Another [Pin] spec question

From: Dunbar, Tony <tony_dunbar@mentorg.com>
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 18:29:51 PDT

Hi All,

Sorry, I'm coming to this thread late, so I hope I'm not missing the point.
I believe there is a legal way that the same-name [Model]s can be used by
more than one [Component] in the same .ibs file.

I think what has been rightly rejected (by the list contributors and the
IBIS parser) is this case:

[Component] Comp1
[Pin]
1 ............mod1
2 ............mod2
[Model] mod1
[Model] mod2
[Component] Comp2
[Pin]
1 ............mod1
2 ............mod2
[Model] mod1
[Model] mod2
[End]

However, the following is acceptable:

[Component] Comp1
[Pin]
1 ............mod1
2 ............mod2
[Component] Comp2
[Pin]
1 ............mod1
2 ............mod2
[Model] mod1
[Model] mod2
[End]

That is, group the [Component]s (with their respective [Pin] sections that
each call the same models), but then list each [Model] only once after all
of the [Component] sections.

Not only is this acceptable, it makes a smaller .ibs file and avoids
replication of the same [Model]s with only different names.

Also, if required, you may use [Model Selector] in a similar way.

Again, sorry if I've missed the point or a similar reply has already been
given.

Regards,
Tony