[IBIS-Users] BIRD88.1 comments

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi@intel.com>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:07:38 PDT

Bob,

BIRD88.1 is much better now. I have a few comments, mostly editorial
regarding
the paragraph above the table. Original:

|* In the table below the scheduled model initial states
depend
|* on the initial state of the [Model]. This top-level
[Model]
|* state ('Low' or 'High') is a function of the stimulus
pulse
|* or simulation control method and the [Model] Polarity
|* subparameter. For example, if a [Model] Polarity is
Inverting
|* and its stimulus pulse starts high and switches from
high to
|* low, the [Model] initial state is 'Low' and all
scheduled model
|* initial states follow the settings under the 'Low'
column. The
|* four entry data ordering combinations omitted in the
table are
|* disallowed because their initial states are ambiguous
and the
|* rule to resolve this ambiguity would be equivalent to
using one
|* of first two permitted combinations.

1) I would put parentheses around the following words to make it less
confusing
    to the reader:

|* (or simulation control method) and the [Model] Polarity

2) I would take out the following words, again to be less confusing to
the reader:

|* and its stimulus pulse starts high
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|* xxx, the [Model] initial state is 'Low' and all
scheduled model

3) I would fix the last sentence to make it flow better:

|* The omitted four entry data ordering combinations are
|* disallowed because their initial states are ambiguous
and the
|* rule to resolve this ambiguity would be equivalent to
using one
|* of first two permitted combinations.

Or:

|* There are two more seemingly reasonable four entry data
ordering
|* combinations which are not included in the table. These
are
|* disallowed because their initial states are ambiguous
and the
|* rule to resolve this ambiguity would be equivalent to
using one
|* of first two permitted combinations.

4) I am also wondering whether we should mention anything about over
clocking in
the portion which will make it into the spec. Something along the lines
that these
delay numbers are only defined or designed to work in situations when
these delay
numbers are shorter than the pulse width of the stimulus, and all other
cases are
not supported.

Please let me know if you have any questions about my comments.

Thanks,

Arpad