RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS Model Verification

From: Lynne Green <lgreen22@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 14:42:18 PDT

Hi, Tess,

I have seen this from more than one foundry. Indeed, there are two things
that are poorly modeled by many foundries - diodes in general, and reverse
leakage in transistor S/D/substrate junctions. This might have to do with
the fact that devices go into breakdown before models do (i.e. foundries
have no way to test these parameters over -Vcc to +2Vcc). But some of the
blame also could be put on the underlying SPICE model equations.

Since well-designed interconnects don't normally swing all the way from
-Vcc to +2Vcc, it is usually tolerable if the model is less accurate "way
out there". It is an engineering judgment call over what range of voltage
the model needs to be highly accurate.

Maybe some people with experience in this area can offer their thoughts.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412