RE: [IBIS-Users] Need clarification

From: <birendra.rana@wipro.com>
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 21:32:34 PDT

Arpad,

The s2ibis2 actually does what Ambarish had mentioned. It subtracts the
Power clamp current from the Pullup currents before placing the data in
the [Pullup] tables. So what can be noticed from the s2ibis2 generated
IBIS models is that from Vcc to 2Vcc the [Pullup] data has subtracted
Power_clamp, whereas the remaining (-Vcc to 0) the currents are same as
extracted from the enabled 3-state buffer.

Interestingly the I/O Buffer Modelling Cookbook, prepared by the IBIS
open forum, has the following description (IBIS Forum I/O Buffer
Modeling Cookbook, Rev 2.0.X, Page 19) :

Pulldown
Enter into the [Pulldown] table the I/V data gathered while the output
or I/O buffer was in the logic low
state. Pulldown data must cover the range of -Vcc to Vcc *2. If the
buffer is a 3-state device then first
subtract the ground clamp current from the pulldown current then enter
the result into the [Pulldown] table.

-----------(Similarly under the Pullup section)---------

Pullup
Enter into the [Pullup] table the data gathered while the output or I/O
buffer was in the logic high state.
Again, if the buffer is a 3-state device then first subtract the power
clamp current from the pullup current
then enter the result into the [Pullup] table.

Regards,

Birendra