RE: [IBIS-Users] V-t curves discussion

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak@intel.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 15:40:47 PDT

To expand on a point raised in Jeremy's response, neither IBIS 4.0 or
its previous revisions includes any direct reference to the core-side
controls of the buffer. These are assumed to be defined and controlled
by individual tools. IBIS 4.1, through the VHDL-AMS and Verilog-AMS
multi-lingual extensions, *does* directly define *digital* ports for
buffer models. In this way, one could use a true digital logic input
stimulus pattern to control the output switching behavior of a driver.
Similarly, one could define analog control ports for models written in
Berkeley SPICE code, using the IBIS 4.1 D_to_A and A_to_D features.

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum