RE: [IBIS-Users] Qn on V-t tables

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi@intel.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 15:51:51 PDT

Sivaram,

The buffer is modeled separately from the package. The IV and Vt curves
of an IBIS model represent what is in the buffer, on the die. The
package
model is a circuit that connects the buffer model with the rest of the
motherboard transmission line models.

Putting a package model between the buffer and the mother board is no
different from putting a connector model between two transmission line
models on the board.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation