[IBIS-Users] Comments on BIRD94 - Clarification on [Diff Pin] Parameters

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 12:14:46 PST

Aprad:

BIRD94 deals with a number of issues, but I have expressed
concerns on the impact and perhaps intended or unintended
concequences of the proposed resolutions. I expect that each
of the several changes needs to be considered carefully.

As a formal comment, I am adding below our Future committee
e-mail correspondence introducing several concerns.

Bob

--------------------------
Arpad:

We can get into details later. The [External Model]
differential capability is more restricted because it
supports four new Model_type arguments (I/O_diff, Input_diff,
etc.) True differential capability is available only through
[External Model] since the the A_signal_pos and A_signal_neg
interfaces have to exist in one model. So the [Diff Pin]
setup has to apply to both sides of the same model.

Psuedo Differential setups are based on two occurances
of A_signal and [Diff Pin] mappings - the same as standard
IBIS.

Requiring the same Model_type makes sense in most cases,
I still want to proceed carefully here to be sure there is
not a case where you might want a different Model_type for
unsymetrical or symetrical operation. I am thinking of some
hypothetical situations, but may stumble upon a practical
application.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs