[IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] queries regarding ibis

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi@intel.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 12:35:35 PST

Arnab,

What do you mean by "for 2 power supplies"? A single I/O
connected to 2 different voltages, or the same I/O buffer
being used once at one voltage and another time at another
supply voltage?

If it is the latter, you can use the [Model Selector] keyword
with multiple [Model]s each of which are made with a different
voltage.

If it is the former, than I wonder how that buffer works,
because I can't see how, for example, a pullup could pull
to two different voltages...

However, please note that each IV table has their own reference
voltage keywords, which allows you to connect them to different
voltages. An example for this would be a 5 volt safe 3.3 volt PCI
buffer where the pullup uses 3.3 V and the power clam uses 5 v.

I hope this helps.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation