Re: [IBIS-Users] BIRD 95 Comments.

From: Syed Huq <shuq@cisco.com>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 14:01:11 PST

Hi Peleg,

Thanks for your comments on the 7th teleconf. Some responses in-line -
Syed

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 13:37, Peleg Itzik wrote:

> And back to BIRD 95:
>
> The current is measured with the resistance and inductance of the power
> supply rail of the pad. While the rising and falling v(t) table are
> measured with ideal supply.
> Isn't it better to measure the current on an ideal supply so the current
> is correlated to the voltage response that was capture in the rising or
> falling wave form.
> Please elaborate why the current is measured with the inductance and
> resistance.

The L_xxx and R_xxx in the diagram are on-die parasitics. These are part
of the encrypted SPICE you may have. We wanted to show that these
components are present in your netlist as you make your measurements.

These user is *not* placing any specific L_xxx or R_xxx to make these
measurements.

We do want time coreelated V/T and I/T. Ideal supply maynot give you the
kind of SSN you wish to simulate.

Regards,
Syed

--