[IBIS-Users] Problem with POWER_CLAMP data

From: Vivek Kumar Sundriyal <Vivek.Kumar.Sundriyal@nsc.com>
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 02:42:31 PST

Hi ,

      I am using s2ibis2 to generate the IBIS Models.

      I come across the following problem with the POWER_CLAMP curves.

      In the POWERCLAMP curves, for extreme voltage conditions, I get a very
high current of about 49A( which is wrong). Now if i closely observe the
pct1.spi, i find that the sweep has been set in the following manner :

      .DC VOUTS2I 3.3 5.1 0.1

      But in the IBIS file, the POWER CLAMP data has been generated from -1.8V
to 0.0V. And the current at -1.8V is 49A.

      What can be the problem ? Is it the behaviour of the buffer or is it a bug
with s2ibis2 ? How can i get out from this problem ?

      The SPICE engine that i use is HSPICE.

Thanks ,

Vivek