RE: [IBIS-Users] VHDL-AMS Model

From: lgreen <lgreen22@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 08:40:14 PST

Hello, Lee,

An excellent question.

VHDL-AMS (and Verilog-AMS) are standards. They support mixed-signal
modeling. One can express a functional block, such as a MUX or I/O buffer,
as a digital, analog, or mixed-signal block. Analog blocks can be expressed
as equations, including if/then controls, which has both advantages over
table-based models (such as taking into account independent variations with
Vcc and Temperature).

Starting with IBIS 4.1, VHDL-AMS, Verilog-AMS, and SPICE 3f5 models are
allowed as model formats for IBIS, under the [Model] keyword. All of these
can be used as behavioral or structural descriptions of a block, such as an
I/O buffer or a MUX. Please see the IBIS 4.1 specification for details.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412