RE: [IBIS-Users] VHDL-AMS Model

From: Beal, Weston <weston_beal@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 09:27:03 PST

 For clarification, Eldo is a SPICE simulator so it doesn't include the
VHDL-AMS simulator. The integration of Eldo and the VHDL-AMS simulator
(with some others) is called ADMS. At this time HyperLynx LineSim and
BoardSim can use SPICE models and run either Eldo or HSPICE (if you have
HSPICE licensed from Synopsys). In the future HyperLynx will run ADMS
behind the scenes also. About two years ago ICX got the power to run
ADMS under the covers so it can simulate with IBIS, SPICE, VHDL-AMS, and
S-parameters at the same time. As far as I know, this is the first tool
anywhere that can automatically create the netlist from a PCB and run a
simulation with any or all of the above mentioned models and verify the
results against SI and delay constraints.

I hope this isn't considered too product oriented for this list. I just
wanted to make sure that we're talking about the correct features in
this discussion.