[IBIS-Users] Programable drive and termination strenght

From: Michael Sachtjen <walldrug1316mi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 11:10:08 PST

Greetings,

I have a GDDR3 interface with programmable drive
strength, as well as programmable, dynamic on-die
termination strength. I’m handling the programmable
drive strength using the Model Selector and I’m
handling the on-die termination using a Dynamic_clamp
Submodel. However, since I have programmable
termination values as well, and the Model Selector
seems to only work for the top model, not submodels, I
need to duplicate each of my top models for every
combination of submodel. Either that, or have
multiple enteries in the Add Submodel section and
comment out all but the one model I want to use. Then
I have to text edit the file every time I want to use
a different termination strength.

Is there something that I’m missing? Is there a way
of selecting a drive strength, and termination
strength, independent of each other without
replicating the top model for every possible sub
module? Right now I’m modeling 4 drive strengths and
2 termination values, but worst case scenario is 15
settings of each.

Here are some snippets of my ibis file to clarify what
I’m doing:

[Model Selector] GDDR3_PAD

GDDR3_OCD6_ODT4 drive strength = 6X, termination = 4X
GDDR3_OCD6_ODT2 drive strength = 6X, termination = 2X
| etc.

[Model] GDDR3_OCD6_ODT4
[Add Submodel]
ODT4 Non-Driving