RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: on-die termination

From: Tom Dagostino <tom@teraspeed.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 14:48:45 PST

A series resistor model works well for terminations and it avoids having to
put it into the clamp characteristics. This also is the only way to do a
differential termination. One end of the resistor is tied to the I/O pin of
interest and the other end it tied to the ground, supply or diff pair pin.
Also, it makes playing with the termination value very easy.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008
503-430-1065
http://www.teraspeed.com
tom@teraspeed.com

Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
401-284-1827

Teraspeed is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC