[IBIS-Users] sigxp ... buf delays and Prop Delay results

From: Lipsius, JohnX S <johnx.s.lipsius_at_.....>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 16:13:14 PST
ibis-users,

This concerns driver buf delay in Cadence sigxp, so an experienced user
would
know the answers.

I understand Rref, Cref, Vref are the ref load ckt elements - for a
simulator
to calculate buf delay.  And the delay is measured at Vmeas.

Questions...

1.  In sigxp Results tab from simulation, does the "Propagation Delay"
column
already deduct the driver buf delay calculated?

2. What is the exact difference (in Preferences) between getting delays
"from library" and "on the fly" ?  I haven't seen any calculated buf
delays
in DML models, which would be gotten "from library".

a.  how are buf delays gotten from each source, library and on-the-fly ?
b.  what exactly is the usage difference after that?
c.  why would one choose one over the other?

3. If a driver model has no ref load ckt, why not just edit one into the

ibis (from datasheet)?  I could simulate into the ref load & Vref, but
it seems
more convenient to edit the ibis.  What is the Cadence feature to view
real world
ref load waveforms, model integrity V-t ?  Ie: does "falling (or rising)
waveform"
mean "with ref load" ?

Regards,
John