RE: [IBIS-Users] How do simulators handle C_Comp?

From: Angulo, John <john_angulo_at_.....>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 17:24:22 PST
Sanjay,

I'm sorry I failed to reply to this promptly.  To confirm statements
implied, Hyperlynx avoids double counting C_comp when performing
rise/fall simulations, just like ICX.  It is straightforward for the
driver to supply the extra current necessary to charge the C_comp
capacitance so that the simulation continues to reproduce V-t table
waveforms when the buffer is driven into V-t table loads.

Best regards,

John Angulo
Software Development Engineer
Hyperlynx Products