RE: [IBIS-Users] delay problem

From: lgreen <lgreen22_at_.....>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 10:30:03 PDT
Hi, Ambrish,

a)       IBIS simulators trigger with a signal having a finite slope, and
buffer toggles at some voltage on that slope, so a small time offset is not
unusual.  I would be more concerned about why the two waveform shapes are
different, esp. at the top and bottom of the transitions.

b)       The timing information is in the V-t tables.  These include the
buffer's internal delay, as well as timing differences between rising and
falling transitions (relative to the buffer's "signal" toggle.

c)       All delay effects internal to the buffer are important. Later,
system timing can adjust simulated delays relative to the data sheet using
the standard load (Vmeas, etc.).  This relies on V-t tables being correct.

Please feel free to send a sample model to the IBIS Model Review Committee.
We want to support your efforts on s2ibis3.

Best regards,

Lynne

  _____