[IBIS-Users] How to make package model with [Define Package Model] keyword

From: <Radovan.Vuletic_at_.....>
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 02:07:59 PDT
Hi all,

my problem is that I don't know how to create package model with  [Define Package Model] keyword.

Because of simulation (extraction of package parameters) reasons whole package is divided in 4 quadrants (even then simulation/extraction of package parameters takes a couple of days). On this way instead of one sparse matrix for R, L and C I have 4 sparse matrixes for each of R, L and C. All these parameters (sparse matrix) are written out in 4 IBIS *.pkg files (one for every quadrant)  - each of them containing header similar to following:

.
.
.
[IBIS Ver]	4.0
[File Name]	ddr3_iotc_h90_v271_j01t03.pkg (different for each of 4 *.pkg files)
[File Rev]	1.0
[Date]	Fri Apr  8 16:45:01 2005
[Source]	XYZ
[Copyright]	XYZ Corporation 1998-2005. All rights reserved.
[Define Package Model]	ddr3_iotc_h90_v271_j01t03
[Manufacturer]	Unknown
[OEM]	Unknown
[Description]	IBIS file for 512MH90 IOTC DDR3 package ballout v2.71 Balls J01T03
[Number Of Pins]	20
[Pin Numbers]
.
.
.
[Model Data]
[Inductance Matrix]	Sparse_matrix

[Row]D1
.
.
.

These 4 packages make all together one "big" package model. My question is how to merge all 4 of them in one "big" IBIS file. Reading IBIS specs Version 4.1 I haven't seen something suitable for my purposes (perhaps I have overseen something) - I am afraid that without some example I won't be able to put some proper model together. Is it possible at all?

I assume that what I would need (if that what I want is possible at all) is some example, but any kind of information would be also helpful!

Looking at package models of other OEM I have seen that the number of pins in [Pin Numbers] at [Define Package Model] section can be different than the number of pins in [Pin] at [Component] section, i.e. all pins in [Component][Pin] are not present [Define Package Model][Pin Numbers] - is that OK?

Many thanks in advance,
Radovan

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / S postovanjem
Radovan Vuletic

Infineon Technologies AG
MP PD PDE
Room 03.911