RE: [IBIS-Users] question on including package models in IBIS file

From: Ray Anderson <ray.anderson_at_.....>
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 11:26:16 PDT
David

The package model values you cite in the [Package] section are the
global  min/max/nominal values for the package without respect to any
particular pin and apply all the silicon models in the .ibs file. It
tells you what the corner cases are for the longest and shortest traces
but not what the package parasitics are for any particular pin.

You could have separate package models with per pin RLC values defined
for each particular silicon model (if that made sense in your
application).

Typically if you have different size die in a particular package size
then you would have different per-pin  RLC data. This per-pin data can
be included either in the .ibs file or in an external .pkg file.

-Ray

Raymond Anderson
Senior Signal Integrity Staff Engineer
Product Technology Department