[IBIS-Users] question: Diff pin tdelay_typ values

From: CW - Doran David <davidd_at_.....>
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 15:28:37 PDT
Just want to ask about the [Diff Pin] entry under the
tdelay_typ/tdelay_min/tdelay_max columns.

IBIS spec says these are the "launch delays of the non-inverting pins
relative to the inverting pins".

So is this just the difference in prop delays between the
non-inverting & inverting pins ?

Below is sample waveforms.  Do I just measure the difference
in delays between the red & white signals and use that for
my "tdelay" values ?

Since it's relative to the inverting pin, looks like tdelay is

* positive if non-inverting pin lags  the inverting pin
* negative if non-inverting pin leads the inverting pin

Thanks,
Below is example.

[Diff Pin] inv_pin   vdiff     tdelay_typ  tdelay_min  tdelay_max
P            N       0.20V      0.020ns     0.020ns      0.020ns

 ------ from IBIS spec :