[IBIS-Users] [RAMP] for differential output LVDS

From: CW - Doran David <davidd_at_.....>
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 13:51:00 PDT
Hello experts:

I'm simulating a LVDS driver that has differential outputs
(one inverting and one non-inverting) and trying to get my
[RAMP] data for IBIS model.

Typically, IBIS spec says to place 50-ohm resistor to Vdd for down-ramp,
and 50-ohm resistor to Vss for the up-ramp.

However, the vendor spec for all timing & waveforms says to place
a 100-ohm termination between the two outputs.

So in this case, can I ignore the IBIS spec and not use the Vdd & Vss
resistor, but use a resistor between the two outputs instead ?

Also, same question for my AC test fixture for rising & falling waveforms:
is it OK to ignore the IBIS spec and not use the Vdd & Vss R_fixture
but use a 100-ohm termination between the two outputs ?

I'm confuse here since IBIS test fixture for rising & falling waveforms
requires listing a R_fixture, V_fixture, C_fixture... and none of these
are for the connection between outputs.  They are only for connecting
to V_fixture, which I don't have.  So I cannot even specify a V_fixture
in this case with termination between the two outputs.

Also, the IBIS spec mentions "true differential models" in Section 6b
with model types Input_diff, Output_diff, I/O_diff, and 3-state_diff...
but not sure this applies to my LVDS driver.

My spec simply states that this driver must have a 50-ohm transmission
line for each output, and then terminated by 100-ohm resistor across
the outputs at the far end.

any inputs appreciated!

If it helps, below are my model types used for each output (P & N) :

[Model]          TX1P
Model_type       Output
Polarity         Non-Inverting
Enable           Active-Low