RE: [IBIS-Users] maximum current flows

From: <nilimp.vipul_at_.....>
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 23:07:30 PDT
Hello yylau,

I think the problem can be resolved by doing the folowing:
1)In your s2i file check out for the name of your output buffer under
the pins header.
for eg.
[Pin]
1 dout dout output
In this case the output buffer name is "dout"

2)Once you know this,you then open the netlist.sp and add the following
statement :

rohm dout dout_pad 2.0

What this statement does is that it will insert a resistance of 2.0ohms
between your old output buffer "dout" and your new output buffer named
"dout_pad"
This will help you reduce the high currents you are getting and should
eliminate all the errors during ibischk.

3)After making this change in the netlist.sp go back to the s2i file and
change the name of the output buffer to dout_pad as this is your new
output buffer.
4)You can now run the s2ibis script.

The value of the resistance can be adjusted till you get the desired
result.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Nilimp Bhatt