[IBIS-Users] iBIS Binary Messages and copyrighted files

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 10:13:49 PDT
To IBIS Reflector Users:

While we do not enforce this at this time, please
use only NON-BINARY, text messages for IBIS reflector
e-mail.

This would include .gif, .doc, and compressed files such
as .zip, etc.  In fact I would not open an unsolicited .zip
attachment sent on the reflectors without verifying
beforehad that it was legitimate.

Many other reflectors simply reject such message or
strip out the attachments.  Even on the IBIS reflectors,
many of these messages are rejected by certain company
sites for security and spam control reasons.  The postmaster
staff sees the rejected messages.

The IBIS e-mail is archived, so we also do not like large
attachments.

It is best to describe the problem in text format and
send binary file or attachments only to those who request
seeing more detail.

Later we might work out a mechanism where we can temporarily
upload such larger files in a common area for further
information and detail.

Also, be careful when sending out copyrighted example files
on the public reflectors, especially if they are not from
your organization. You can create an alternative example
(corrupting the identification and sensitive information)
to illustrate the point or problem.

Bob
IBIS Postmaster

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC