Re: [IBIS-Users] Question about differential pair buffer

From: Andrew Ingraham <a.ingraham_at_.....>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 07:30:56 PDT
Ramiro,

I haven't been following this question and replies closely ...

But when you wrote:

>   (Because I don't
> have pullup structures).

for me (at least, and I'm sure many others), that statement implies that
your IC has only pulldown transistors and no pullup transistors in the
output stage.

But in your diagram (for those people who opened the binary graphics
attached file in your message), your IC is ECL, and the output transistors
ARE pullup structures.

So I think we just have a misunderstanding about language.

In answer to your first question, there MUST be a [Pullup] I-V curve,
referenced to Vcc.  If you omit that curve, you would be eliminating the
output transistors.

Regards,
Andy