RE: [IBIS-Users] "Frequency Dependant IBIS Models"

From: Lynne D. Green <lgreen22_at_.....>
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 16:19:04 PDT
Hello,  Radovan,

Frequency dependent models are used for passive interconnects (such as
transmission lines).  They are not  used for I/O buffers.

[Ramp] values are not used during simulation when V-t tables are provided.
Since many SI tools use [Ramp] values for pre-simulation calculations, valid
[Ramp] data is still needed.

Removing points at the end of V-t tables when V is no longer changing is
helpful with simulators that require simulating to the end of the table
before the buffer can toggle.  This does not help the "over-clocking"
problem where the buffer must toggle before the voltage has settled.  IBIS
does not define how a simulator should handle over-clocking, so different
simulators can handle this differently (invalid simulation output, crashing,
etc.).

I hope this information has been helpful.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412