[IBIS-Users] Confused about clamp data in pull-up/down

From: De Paepe, Kristiaan <kristiaan.depaepe_at_.....>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 07:04:18 PDT
Dear experts,

I'm a little confused. While going through some papers, I got confused about
data I found in a particular LVTTL IBIS model of a normally trusted source.

At least one source of knowledge tells me that nor the pullup nor the
pulldown curves should contain clamping information (3-stated input static
clamping).

Although, when viewing the curves, I can clearly observe a typical diode
behaviour (for pulldown, gnd relative this appears above vcc, for the
pullup, this appears below 0V)

This made me lose my marbles, with only a few to spare...

I tried finding any supporting information, but all sources I found, state
the same conditions.

Can somebody pls explain why these curves are (in)correct?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Kristiaan

BarcoView
Command & Control - TDT
Pr. Kennedypark 35
B-8500 Kortrijk
Belgium
Tel: +32-56-233408
Fax:+32-56-233462
<mailto:kristiaan.depaepe@barco.com <mailto:kristiaan.depaepe@barco.com> >
<http://www.barcoview.com <http://www.barcoview.com/> >

- - - - - - - DISCLAIMER- - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liablility for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.