Re: [IBIS-Users] Confused about clamp data in pull-up/down

From: Robert Haller <rhaller_at_.....>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 09:54:48 PDT
Kriistiaan
    Different model creators construct models differently, and different
CAD tools may implement IBIS features differently. A good model creator
will construct a model so that it will behave properly (and correlate to
reality) in all simulators. But at a  minimum a model creator should
construct, validate and document the methods and correlation achieved.
The IBIS quality committee recommeds the following  regarding IV curves
(subset);

(4.3.4,4.3.5) The sweep for [Pulldown], (Pullup) should be made between
-vcc to 2*vcc. The Pulldown,(pullup) table combined with the power and
ground clamp should be monotonic. Non-monotonic combined I-V tables must
be documented.
(4.3.6)[GND Clamp] should turn on approximately one Diode drop below 0.0
(i.e. 0.7 volts). The sweep for [GND Clamp] should be made at least
between -vccmax and +vccmax (it is permitted to extend the range).
Non-monotonic I-V tables must be documented.
(4.3.14) Any IBIS models with on-die termination should be labeled as
such using comment lines. On die termination should be modeled in [Power
Clamp] and/or [GND Clamp] tables. Document the method used to embed the
termination into the clamps.

Regards,
Bob Haller
Chair IBIS Quality Committee