Re: [IBIS-Users] rising waveform

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 17:59:29 PDT
Hl YY Lau:

I would like to see the exact end points of the Rising Waveform
Max table because there is a numerical issue.

The Warning Message should be issued only if the mismatch is
equal to or greater than 2.0% of the total calculated swing.
In this case the swing is from 1.71 to 3.10 V or 1.39, and
2% of this is 0.0278 V.  Your actual mismatch 0.03 V - outside
of the 2% tolerance.  Howover the reported mismatch is 1.91%,
and no Warning should have been issued.

So your starting point might be rounded up to 1.74 from a
smaller value - causing a Warning message, but the actual
values used to calculate the persentages might be the unrounded
values - inside the 2% tolerance.

If this is the case, we are not doing the calculations
and reporting correctly

However, there could be other numerical issues.  I would have
to see the full model to determine this.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC