RE: [IBIS-Users] Which IBIS version to use???

From: Nash, Tim J (FL51) <Tim.J.Nash_at_.....>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 14:35:51 PDT
Weston,

I've noticed what you are talking about.  If you look in any documentation
for ICX or Hyperlinx (I'm not sure about SpectraQuest), I don't think that
global support for any particular version of IBIS is explicitly stated
anywhere.  I'm not sure why this is.  Is it because the standard is in such
a state of flux (i.e. growth of keywords) or is the reason more political in
nature?  I know I'm speculating as to what the reason may be, but it makes
it difficult to plan any sort of analysis, when your not clearly sure of
what a tool does and doesn't support without reading the manual
cover-to-cover.  If tools said they support version 3.2, then you could rest
assured that it supported EVERYTHING in 3.2, not just KEY FEATURES of 3.2.

Thanks,
Tim

  _____