Re: [IBIS-Users] ibis 10/100 ethernet models

From: Andrew Ingraham <a.ingraham_at_.....>
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 06:52:36 PDT
> I have a question about 10/100 Ethernet IBIS models.. Recently I started
> working with ICX and I noticed that most vendors do not provide IBIS
> models for their ethernet side of the components. Could someone tell me
> what is the reason behind this. Where can I get ethernet models or how
> should I create them? What do I do when modeling ethernet?, etc.

If you can get SPICE models, use them instead!

IBIS was designed for ordinary logic devices with two logic levels.  Many
Ethernet devices could be considered analog to some degree, and many of them
have three active logic levels on the Ethernet side, which doesn't work very
well with IBIS, but SPICE models have no trouble with it.

Regards,
Andy