RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS EBD files

From: Flora, Matthew <matthew_flora_at_.....>
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 12:34:22 PDT
Dear Giovanni,

If I remember the spec correctly:

- All capacitors in a path description are "parallel" (i.e. one side of the
  capacitor is connected to the path and the other side is implicitly
  connected to ground).  I believe the only way to get a capacitor to be in
  series with the path is to make use of an IBIS model of a series capacitor.

- The EBD format doesn't support loops in a path.  Each branch (fork) in a
  path is expected to end at a pin (either one of the EBD's external connector
  pins or at the pin of a 'Node') or to simply end.  If you want a loop in the
  path, then again, you must use an IBIS mode of a series element.

Best regards,
Matthew Flora