RE: [IBIS-Users] Mixed-Signal Analog IO ?

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 08:36:39 PDT
Lars,

The standard answer to this is that (legacy) IBIS does
not have any provisions to model analog buffers or pins.
If you know enough about what you are trying to model and
if you know the IBIS spec well, you may find some ways to
do it, but this may be a rare situation.  For example, we
made IBIS models for VGA video outputs even though they
are analog signals, with the assumption that for signal
integrity purposes it is enough to model their full
strength to nothing or vice versa transitions, and we
could ignore everything else in-between.

Regarding band gap, I never had to model anything like
that, so I cannot advise you on those...

Arpad