[IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] ethernet?

From: Henrik G. Madsen <hgm_at_.....>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 01:32:43 PDT
Hi Katja

By Ethernet, do you mean the copper/fiber interface or do you mean the MII, GMII, RGMII etc. interface between the switch/MAC and the PHY.

If you mean the 100Mbit or 1Gbit copper interface, you can not model it using standard IBIS models, but maybe some of the new AMS type.
The above interfaces uses multilevel signaling, which can not be modeled in standard IBIS.

If you mean on of the MII, GMII, RGMII interfaces, try to contact the component vendor and get an IBIS model from there.

In relation to the Ethernet specs, you need to purchase the IEEE std 802.3 from IEEE, but you can not use these specs. to create an IBIS model.

RGMII, SGMII and some of the other uses interfaces are not specified by IEEE, but by companies using Ethernet technology in their products.

Regards
/Henrik