Re: [IBIS-Users] S2IBIS code compiling in Linux

From: Vivek Kumar Sundriyal <Vivek.Kumar.Sundriyal_at_.....>
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 20:14:37 PDT
Sanjay ,

This is a problem that I too had faced when I used to use s2ibis2 on linux. To
get over this problem, you need to make some slight changes in the source code
of s2ibis2. It then works fine.

But , Is there any specific reason you need to work on s2ibis2 ?

I suggest you to move to s2ibis3, which is in Java and hence OS independent. I
observed that the results of the Pullup/Pulldown results are better in s2ibis3.

Download the latest s2ibis3 and try working on that.

Cheers ,

Vivek

                      "Sanjay Mehta"
                      <sanjay.mehta@xil        To:       ibis-users@eda.org, ibis@eda.org
                      inx.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [IBIS-Users] S2IBIS code compiling in Linux
                      owner-ibis-users@
                      eda.org

                      09/22/05 12:07 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to compile the linux version of the S2IBIS code that
is posted on the IBIS website. The code compiles without any errors (I
am using Redhat Enterprise Linux WS 3). Unfortunately, I am having
problems in getting the correct V-t tables when I use this script. Upon
execution of the binary s2ibis, the IBIS model is generated; however,
the V-T table is incorrect. The problem seems to be the following:

In the *.sp files that the are created with the S2IBIS script, which
generate the V-T curves (i.e. a00io.sp, a01io.sp....z00io.sp, z01io.sp)
there is a line that states...

RFIXS2I dum13806 dum13806 50

Normally, this line should read

RFIXS2I pin  dum13806 50   --> where "pin" is the IO pad that is being
swept for the I-V and connected to the R-fixture for the V-T.

Unfortunately, I cannot run the default executable on the website as I
am using a special in-house version of HSPICE and so I have recompile
the code with the correct addition of the HSPICE command line.

If there is anyone who has been successful at compiling in Linux and
have some suggestions, please let me know. Thank you.

Sanjay Mehta
Xilinx, Inc.