[IBIS-Users] R_pkg characterization frequency

From: Ray Anderson <ray.anderson_at_.....>
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 08:05:56 PDT

In checking the IBIS spec I find that the comments given for the
[Package] keyword parameter R_pkg are non-specific when it comes to
characterization frequency. Is R_pkg normally specified as a DC value or
as a high frequency value?

When we generate our .pkg file format package models we specify that the
R value given is calculated at 500 MHz. Is it appropriate to utilize
these 500  MHz  R values to determine the min/nom/max values given for
R_pkg ?

-Ray

Raymond Anderson

Senior Signal Integrity Staff Engineer