RE: [IBIS-Users] Multi Chip Packages

From: Syed Huq \(shuq\) <shuq_at_.....>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 08:44:33 PST
Hi

I am not sure if you are familiar with the IBIS EBD(Electrical Board Description) models. Currently DIMM modules that has multiple components on it can be modeled with this EBD modeling scheme. Layout parasitics (uncoupled) along with all the IBIS component models are put together in this EBD format. Externally, users only see the pinout of the DIMM. I believe the MCPs can also be done in a similar fashion.

http://eda.org/pub/ibis/ver4.1/ver4_1.pdf (see section8)

Regards,
Syed
Vice-Chair ANSI/EIA-656A