[IBIS-Users] [Pin Mapping] for input models

From: <Radovan.Vuletic_at_.....>
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 07:41:31 PST
Hi IBIS experts,

I have a question considering using [Pin Mapping] for input models. Question would be: how many entries should be for input buffer in for [Pin Mapping] keyword?

Specification says: "Each line must contain either three, five or six entries." (Btw., in specification there is no example for input buffer)

Format of command is: [Pin Mapping] pulldown_ref pullup_ref gnd_clamp_ref power_clamp_ref ext_ref

So if I write for example:

A1 GND VCC

There are only 3 entries, but according to format specification second and third entry are used for pulldown reference and pullup reference respective, what is a nonsense in this case, because input buffers have only power and ground clamps and no pull-up and pull down references.

If I write something like:
A1 NC NC GND VCC

This according to my opinion makes more sense, but still I have to use NC for pull-up and pull down references.

What I was able to find as an example on Internet had always 5 entries, like:
A1 GND VCC GND VCC

For me this is senseless, because, as said before, one input buffer has only power and ground clamps.

So, can somebody write me what is a proper format for input buffer in [Pin Mapping] ?

Thanks,
Radovan

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / S po¹tovanjem
Radovan Vuletiæ

Infineon Technologies AG
MP PD PDE
Room 03.911