RE: [IBIS-Users] extreme high currents

From: Tom Dagostino <tom_at_.....>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 10:35:35 PST
Robert

There are a couple of ways of "fixing" the excess current problem.  You
could replace the clamp table you have with one that does not have the
excess current, or you could comment out the high values.  Or, preferably,
you could ask the vendor of the model to fix it for you.

As far as the summed current problem it may or may not be an issue.  There
are many ICs that will have more than 5 mA of current in the active region
because of features of the device.  For example, if there is a 50 Ohm
terminator in an input tied to ground or power or some other termination
voltage the input current will exceed 5 mA.  This is OK.  On the other hand
if the extraction of the clamps was done incorrectly then you may have a
problem with the model.  You will have to determine which case you have
yourself.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane