[IBIS-Users] Why IO buffer name is limited to a max of 20 characters

From: Ummalaneni, Venu Babu \(Venu\) <venubabu_at_.....>
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 05:47:25 PST
Hi All,

Is there any specific reason exist to restrict the IO buffer name to a
maximum of 20 chars in our IBIS standard? Can't we change this rule to
allow more than 20 chars as buffer name?

Recently, I experienced some IO buffers which have more than 20 chars in
their names. So, I have to truncate the IBIS model name to support this
rule. If choice is given I do not want to truncate the IBIS model name.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Venu