[IBIS-Users] Re: [IBIS] Re: R-Load

From: Vinayak Ghatawade <vinayak_at_.....>
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 21:16:50 PST
Andy,

Thanks for clarifying this.

The other concern i had was
a. How does the  V/T data(Ramp) and I/V data
get used up at the boardlevel when simulted by a tool.

As far as my knowledge goes ramp rate is imp but not V/T data
for o/p and bidi buffers. I/V data generally depicts the drive strength
of a buffer, how does this correlate into tranisient behaviour by
board level tool when data(swicthing from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1 at some freq)
is applied at dummy i/p pin.

Do we have some documnt (board design) to understand how the IBIS data
is interpreted by the signal integrity tool.

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards
vinayak