[IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] Why IO buffer name is limited to a max of 20 characters

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 09:33:38 PST
Venu,

This is rooted in the earlier versions of the spec when
the line length was limited to 80 characters, and therefore
we had limited space for each field on the lines of the
[Pin] section.  Now that the line length limit is 120
characters (if I am not mistaken), we could allow for
longer model names, but someone would need to write a
BIRD for it.  Do you want to volunteer?

Arpad