[IBIS-Users] Fourth Announcement for the DesignCon 2006 IBIS Summit Meeting

From: Fred Balistreri <fred_at_.....>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 09:08:01 PST
To All:

This is the fourth Announcement for the DesignCon 2006 IBIS Summit
Meeting held in Santa Clara, California.

Note, because of the interest in Monday tutorial sessions, we have
moved the IBIS Meeting to Thursday on the last 1/2 day of DesignCon.

The program will cover some interesting technical topics

Best Regards,
Fred

                                  IBIS SUMMIT
                              FOURTH CALL FOR
                      PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

               I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

 Time/Date:  Thursday, February 9, 2006 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
             (MOVED FROM MONDAY)

 Location:   Santa Clara Convention Center
             Santa Clara, CA

 Content:    Presentations and Discussions

 Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
             Ideas.

Sponsors:   Applied Simulation Technology, Cisco Systems, International
             Engineering Cornsortium (DesignCon)

             We are seeking more co-sponsors.  Please contact Bob Ross
             <bob@teraspeed.com>.  The Benefits to sponsors include
             recognition at the meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls
             for Papers and meeting minutes.

             Your financial support strengthens the organization by
             allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
             rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
             thanks for your support.

 DesignCon 2006 Conference:

             February 6 - February 9, 2006
             Santa Clara Convention Center
             Santa Clara, CA

             Exhibit registration is Free if you register before
             February 6, 2006, and conference discounts before.

               http://www.designcon.com/2006/
               http://www.designcon.com/2006/registration/

      Conference Catalog:

        http://www.designcon.com/2006/pdf/dc06_catalog.pdf

 IBIS Booth: Come visit the IBIS Booth to meet attendees and pick up
             IBIS information.

 BACKGROUND

 DesignCon is the premier annual Silicon Valley event for the electronic
 design automation (EDA) and semiconductor industry.  Topics of current
 interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon.

 This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
 Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an electronic
 format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any pending formal
 decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the
 meeting.

 CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

 People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and
 digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit meeting.
 If you plan to participate, please register with the information below:

        Name:
        E-mail address:
        Company:
        Telephone:

 Send to:

        Fred Balistreri  <fred@apsimtech.com>

 Registration deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2003 to receive the
 free lunch.

 CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

 We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences
 of interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these have
 included, but not limited to:

        Demonstrations of modeling techniques
        Explanations of behavioral algorithms
        Descriptions of difficulties encountered
        Model correlation
        Modeling building experiences
        Comparisons to other modeling methods
        New techologies for modeling buffers and component
        New technologies for modeling packaging and interconnect
        etc.

 Presentations may be addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience,
 from beginning to advanced.

 Presentation Format:

       A conference laptop with LCD projection.  Power Point or Acrobat
       electronic formats are favored and will pre-loaded on the
       Windows-basede meeting laptop prior to the meeting.

 Time: Usually 15-30 Minutes

 Electronic Archival:

       Presentations will be archived under the IBIS Summits site
       and also must be submitted in time for uploading and copying.
       Final submission deadline is:

          Wednesday, February 1, 2006

       Otherwise, you should bring 50 copies.

 If you plan a presentation, please supply the following information
  as soon as possible:

       Tentative Title:
       Presenter:
       E-mail address:
       Company:
       Telephone:

       Estimated Time:

 Send to:

       Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>

 AGENDA

 The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a FREE
 lunch.  The agenda details will be developed as proposals are
 received.  So far, several technical and overview presentations are
 planned including these subjects (with several others pending):

   Michael Mirmak, Intel Corp, IBIS Chair's Report and Roadmap
   Todd Westerhoff, Cisco Systems, Current Status - IBIS 4.1 Macro
   Library for Simulator Independent Modeling
   Arpad Muranyi, Intel Corp., IBIS Macro Model Library - Technical
   Overview
   Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group, Asian IBIS Summit Feedback
   Sam Chitwood, Sigrity, Touchstone format improvement topic
   Ian Dodd, Mentor Graphics, IBIS Measurement Reporting topic
   Randy Wolff, Micron Technology, "HDL and IBIS 4.1 Models in a Functional
   DDR Memory Interface Analysis."
   Vishram Pandit and Michael Mirmak, Intel Corporation, "Differnential
   System Design and Power Delivery"

 LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

 The hotel and travel Link provides a conference hotel discount, and
 use internet search engines other good lodging deals:

      http://www.designcon.com/2006/conference/hotel_and_travel.html