RE: [IBIS-Users] How to replace RLC package

From: Lynne D. Green <lgreen22_at_.....>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 12:14:05 PST
Hello, Radovan,

One could look into ICM Nodal or Path models.  ICM s-parameters can be built
from the RLC values, or any of the EDA extraction tools that can generate
Touchstone files.  These solutions are supported by most IBIS EDA tools.

As an alternative, some EDA tools (HSPICE, Mentor, and Cadence come to mind)
allow SPICE (RLC, Tline) subcircuits (netlists, models) to be used with IBIS
buffer models.  This does limit the choice of tools, since external SPICE
subcircuits are not supported by all IBIS EDA tools.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412