RE: [IBIS-Users] How to replace RLC package

From: <Radovan.Vuletic_at_.....>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 06:35:22 PST
Many thanks to Weston, Lynn and Michael who have answered on my question.

Unfortunately, since in IBIS specs 4.1 there is no example for that what I need (of course, it is not possible to cover everything) I have created a small (very simplified) component IBIS model where I have replaced (at least that is what I think) lumped RLC in [Pin] section with external HSpice circuit that contains RLC couplings.
Could you please take a look on it (below) and verify that I am thinking correctly (especial for the section where is a call external circuit). To keep it short as possible I have deleted [Pulldown], [Pullup], [GND_Clamp], [Power_Clamp], [Ramp], [Rising Waveform] and [Falling Waveform]  - you can find the whole IBIS file (test.ibs) in the attachment, as well as HSpice model of package (test_package.net). Btw. I have checked the IBIS model spelling checker IBISCHK4 V4.1.1 and there are no warnings or errors - but still, I am not sure that I have done everything properly ... Somehow I have a feeling that I am missing a point. Unfortunately, I can't test it with simulator, because I have first to find one that supports IBIS 4.1. - once agin, many thanks for any answer.

[IBIS ver]      4.1
[File name]   test.ibs
[File Rev]      1.0
[Date]           Friday, 24 March 2006
[Source]       Simulation of a silicon level SPICE model
[Notes]         Test model for checking IBIS 4.1 Multi-lingual
                    Model Extensions
[Disclaimer]   Just a test
[Copyright]    (C) Copyright 2006 by Unknown

|************************************************************************
|                        Component XYZ
|************************************************************************

[Component]      XXX
[Manufacturer]   Unknown

[Package]
|                typ                 min                 max
R_pkg        2.0E-01Ohm  1.0E-01Ohm     3.0E-01Ohm
L_pkg        2.0E-09H       1.0E-09H          3.0E-09H
C_pkg        2.0E-13F       1.0E-13F          3.0E-13F

[Pin]   signal_name  model_name      R_pin           L_pin           C_pin

A1      VDDQ_A1      POWER           1.0E-01     1.0E-09      1.0E-13
A2      DQ                Data_IO            2.0E-01     2.0E-09      2.0E-13
A3      VSSQ_A3      GND                3.0E-01     3.0E-09      3.0E-13
[Circuit Call] TEST_PACKAGE
Port_map   vddq_pad_a1  A1
Port_map      dq_pad_a2  A2
Port_map   vssq_pad_a3  A3
Port_map   vddq_ball_a1  A1
Port_map      dq_ball_a2  A2
Port_map   vssq_ball_a3  A3
Port_map   pkg_ref_gnd   A3
[End Circuit Call]

|************************************************************************
|                             Model Data_IO
|************************************************************************

[Model]          Data_IO
Model_type       I/O
Polarity         Non-Inverting
Enable           Active-High
[Pulldown]
[Pullup]
[GND_clamp]
[POWER_clamp]
[Ramp]
[Rising Waveform]
[Rising Waveform]
[Falling Waveform]
[Falling Waveform]

| End [Component] XYZ

[External Circuit] TEST_PACKAGE
Language SPICE
Corner Typ test_package.net package_test
Ports vddq_ball_a1 dq_ball_a2 vssq_ball_a3 vddq_pad_a1 dq_pad_a2 vssq_pad_a3 pkg_ref_gnd
[End External Circuit]
[End]

Regards,
Radovan