[IBIS-Users] How to include Differential and Normal IO's of same pins

From: <seshadri.kirankumar_at_.....>
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 06:10:19 PDT
Hi Experts,

          I have a doubt regarding IBIS model of incorporating
Differential and Non-differential Buffers in the same IBIS file

As an Example there are 2 pins and corresponding LVDS definition is as
follows

[Pin]     signal_name      model_name              R_pin        L_pin
C_pin

Pin1         CLKP             LVDS_1

Pin2         CLKN             LVDS_2

[Diff_pin]       inv_pin         vdiff       tdelay_typ     tdelay_min
tdelay_max

Pin1             Pin2            200mV      NA              NA
NA

For  the same 2 above pins there exist normal(Non differential) IO's
too,  my doubt is that will it be possible to include both Differential
and Normal IO's with any IBIS mechanism like how a {Model Selector]
chooses different models for the same pin? If so please let me know on
how?

    Suppose same if I do using [Model Selector] then what will be the
impact of [Diff_pin] section on this pins when I am using only Normal
models, this prototype is as listed below

[Pin]     signal_name      model_name              R_pin        L_pin
C_pin

Pin1         CLKP             MODEL_1

Pin2         CLKN             MODEL_2

[Diff_pin]       inv_pin         vdiff       tdelay_typ     tdelay_min
tdelay_max

Pin1             Pin2            200mV      NA              NA
NA

[Model Selector]     MODEL_1

LVDS_1                     lvds model

BUFFER_1                 normal output buffer

[Model Selector]     MODEL_2

LVDS_2                     lvds model

BUFFER_2                 normal output buffer

What my opinion is option 2 is not proper as there is still
valid(uncommented) [Diff_pin]  section exist for the same pins while
using normal IO's mode, please correct me if my concept is wrong

Any Help on this is appreciable

Thanks & Best Regards

Kiran Kumar

www.wipro.com