RE: [IBIS-Users] Warning: Current (-0.008) of summed typical power and ground clamp curves exceed 0.005 amps in the range between power and ground.

From: Tom Dagostino <tom_at_.....>
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 09:40:00 PDT
Many if not all CML inputs have an internal 50 Ohm pullup.  This pullup will
cause current to be present in the input models of more than 5 mA.  It is
normal.

You could use a R_series model to remove the warning.  Model the pullup as a
resistor and remove that characteristic from your present powerclamp table.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008
503-430-1065
tom@teraspeed.com
www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
401-284-1827

and ground clamp curves exceed 0.005 amps in the range between power and
ground.

  Ladies and Gentleman,

  I am looking for a best way to correct the following problem with an IBS
model.

  Warning :  at line 295 in file 716773-001.ibs : Messages for model
DIFF_CML_INPUT:
  ;;    ;;   Warning: Current (-0.008) of summed typical power and ground
clamp curves exceed 0.005 amps in the range between power and ground.
  ;;    ;;   Warning: Current (-0.006) of summed minimum power and ground
clamp curves exceed 0.005 amps in the range between power and ground.
  ;;    ;;   Warning: Current (0.006) of summed maximum power and ground
clamp curves exceed 0.005 amps in the range between power and ground.

  thank you

  best regards

  robert
  The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may
contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is
intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the
distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If the intended recipient(s) cannot be reached or if a transmission problem
has occurred, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
destroy all copies of this message.
  Thank you.