Re: [IBIS-Users] Question regarding V-T data of IBIS model

From: Chris Reid <chris.reid_at_.....>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 08:52:44 PDT
Kiran,

The V(t) tables under different load conditions are all supposed to be used to generate a single model, so no choice is required.  The nominal model is a pullup transistor, a pulldown transistor, a power clamp, a ground clamp, and capacitance to ground.  The V(t) curves make it possible for the simulation tool to estimate the switching characteristics of the two transistors.  Two V(t) curves at different loading conditions are required to compute the two transistor characteristics.  If only one curve is supplied then the tool must assume that the switching of the two transistors is complimentary.

If more than two V(t) curves are supplied the system is over determined.  Most tools ignore the additional curves.  Ideally a least-squares fitting should be used to generate a model that best matches all supplied V(t) values.  I don't think any tools do that today.

Christopher E. Reid
Chief Scientist and Founder
Pressando SI
9315 SW Lake Street