RE: [IBIS-Users] Non-monotonic data - pullup/down, OUTPUT only model ??

From: Muranyi, Arpad <arpad.muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 09:04:17 PDT
Mithlesh,

These kinds of non monotonic shapes are a result of the
subtraction of the clamp data that is obtained from a
3-stated buffer from the PU or PD data that is obtained
from a driving buffer.

If your buffer is not 3-stateable, you would not see such
non monotonic shapes for the PU or PD data.

This is why it is not correct to make an Output buffer
from an I/O buffer just by deleting the clamp tables in
the IBIS file.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation