[IBIS-Users] Using S2IBIS3 to generate ramp data

From: Dwayne Johnson <dwayne_j_at_.....>
Date: Fri Jul 14 2006 - 08:52:19 PDT
Hi.

I'm starting to generate IBIS models using S2IBIS3 but I have a concern with
the ramp data (dV/dt) that is calculated.
The typ, min, and max spice files that are generated for this simulation
includes the typical spice models for all 3 cases.

So, although the input ramp time, temp and supply voltages are being varied
for the dV/dt typ, min, max simulations, the spice models are not!!!

I've looked at the source code in s2ispice.java and have confirmed that the
min, max, and typ routines all specify typical models while varying temp,
voltages, and input ramp times.

I've looked in the spec but can't find anything to explain this.  Shouldn't
the spice models be varied for DV/dt ramp measurement, as they are in the
rising/falling waveform case?

Please advise.

Dwayne Johnson
Gennum Corporation